Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Well that sucks.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Man dies catching suicidal girlfriend
PostPosted: 090401 05:16 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
What irony. The girl tries to kill herself, the guy tries to save her, the guy ends up getting killed, and the girl gets off fine.

This part makes me wonder though -

Quote:
Hospital staffers say the woman appears confused and doesn’t know how she fell.

Did she lose her memory, or was she in an altered state of consciousness when it occurred? Was she really suicidal, or was she just drunk/high and acting recklessly in the heat of the moment? It bugs me that you never really get the whole story with things like this, and you have to end up making judgements about what you read based on the author's personal spin...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 03:42 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I think she knows damn well how she fell. It's likely just full-fledged denial. She refuses to accept the fact that she is responsible for her boyfriend's death and just said "I don't know how I fell."

I can't help but feel this nagging suspicion that the boyfriend wasn't exactly the brightest bulb on the string. While his effort was heroic and admirable, it takes a whole few seconds to realize that even a light-weighing girl falling on you from 7 stories up will either severely injure or kill you. He had to take the elevator or run down a bunch of stairs, giving him plenty of time to make the decision. He probably could have done a whole lot more up near or next to her.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 04:02 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Suicidal man dies catching girlfriend.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 06:29 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
I think she knows damn well how she fell. It's likely just full-fledged denial.

Actually, yeah, that's a pretty good possibility.

I dunno, getting under a heavy falling object certainly isn't a good idea. But can you imagine yourself in that position? Someone you [supposedly] love, plummeting to their death, and all you can do is just stand there and watch? Well, it'd probably be a good idea to get behind something, to avoid the blood splatter. :lol: x_x

But I guess if the guy actually consciously made the decision to go down to the street, for the purpose of catching her...yeah, that's not too bright, unless he was expecting to find a giant marshmallow lying around or something. But then that would be a different problem... :3eyes:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 06:41 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Kashi wrote:
He had to take the elevator or run down a bunch of stairs, giving him plenty of time to make the decision. He probably could have done a whole lot more up near or next to her.

I got the impression that he was already on the ground. You can't really go from a room and run down stairs or take an elevator faster than a falling person even in the best of conditions, I don't think.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 07:15 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Which brings us back to the problem of incomplete information.

Quote:
The couple had quarreled before Wang went to the street below to try and persuade his girlfriend not to jump.

Who knows. Maybe they argued, he walked out on her, then when he got to the street, the girl was in the window shouting that she was gonna jump. Of all things to do in a situation where somebody's threatening to jump, I don't think walking out on them is the best way to change their mind, even if you are intending on continuing the conversation from ground level. :3eyes:

"Hang on, honey, I'm gonna go down and get my car started, since I gotta be at a meeting soon, but don't jump, because I want us to continue this conversation when I get down to the street." :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 22:57 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Zep makes a good point with the incomplete information. What he quoted was important. It wasn't like the boyfriend came home to say "wat r u doin up tehre?!"

Probably went like this:
>Get into an argument
>Girl's like "I'm gonna kill myself!"
>Guy's like "DO IT FAGGOT"
>Guy also says "Ok well I better do something"
>Guy goes down to street while girl has second thoughts
>Guy gets down to the street
>Girl probably thinks "I'm going to jump because I want this to look good and get lots of attention but I bet my boyfriend will catch me and save me"
>Girl jumps, kills guy, and realizes she fucked up big-time.

But seriously, I think Zep pitches a good idea of how it went down. Incomplete information really does hold things back. I mean, did he walk out on her, making her sad enough to want to jump like Zep postulated? Or did they argue to the point that she got out onto the ledge? THEN did the guy go downstairs? I guess these questions won't be answered until the girl starts explaining what the fuck went down.

Worst part for me is imagining myself in his shoes. I've got a really imaginative mind sometimes, and I can almost feel her body hitting me at high velocity... bones breaking... blood... pain... ouch.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090402 23:52 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
Worst part for me is imagining myself in his shoes. I've got a really imaginative mind sometimes, and I can almost feel her body hitting me at high velocity... bones breaking... blood... pain... ouch.

:lol: Oh man. Geez, what's wrong with you? I can imagine the scenario fine without having to go into that kind of tactile detail...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090403 06:16 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
zharth wrote:
Kashi wrote:

:lol: Oh man. Geez, what's wrong with you? I can imagine the scenario fine without having to go into that kind of tactile detail...

My mind likes to be sick at times... :(

Profile  Offline