Login |  Register

Post subject: AIDS Wolf
PostPosted: 090322 14:45 
Deserter
AIDS WOLF

Check 'em out!

I basically picked a band at random off of Wikipedia's noise page. And it turned out to be AIDS Wolf. And I turned out to love them. They rock so hard. For me that's what it's about. I don't know what other people use them for, but to me they are a fuckin' rock band. AIDS Wolf is such a college band and I don't like that, but that's just not what they mean to me. I can only listen to so many blues rock or thrash metal guitar riffs until that stuff starts to have less impact... A noise band like this is so much heavier than the hard rock and grunge rock that starts to sound like soft polka after listening to extreme metal, but at the same time I don't have to deal with the density and purism of extreme metal. Still, I don't imagine I'll be able to find much noise that sounds like I want it to... not only is stuff so hard to find but I have nobody to give me any pointers and when it comes to this type of music I just don't think people feel me on it, I don't think they think of it the way I do. I guess when it comes to extreme music I pretty much have to do it myself if I want stuff that can fully blow my mind.

I love what the girl does, she's totally punk rock. The way she wreathes reminds me of what originally attracted me to grunge, that kind of Jim Morrison styled passion. But the dudes look like total douchebags. And yes I am judging them by their appearence... appearence is part of the art of music. I was actually dissapointed the first time I watched them on Youtube after hearing their music... I do love their nudism though.

"I hardly ever leave my house or my neighborhood really, and that's not a sad thing." - Fiona Apple

"It's alright, ma. It's life and life only." - Bob Dylan

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: AIDS Wolf
PostPosted: 090323 10:25 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I have to be honest, I wasn't particularly impressed by that YouTube clip...

Profile  Offline