Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zharth/zharth.tenjou.net/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Zharth's Forum • View topic - Naruto Shippuuden

Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden
PostPosted: 090310 23:28 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I don't see any real, serious romances developing, except for possibly Naruto and Sakura. Of course Naruto likes Sakura, and though Sakura kinda hated Naruto at first, she seems to be developing feelings for him...slowly. In my experience with anime, though, it seems that all guys, no matter how perverted they may be, are completely clueless when it comes to girls expressing an interest in them.

When they reintroduced Hinata in Shippuuden, I was hoping that she had at least gotten over her tendency to faint in the presence of Naruto, but I guess not. Sure, it's cute, but it doesn't exactly help her situation much if she can't even talk to the guy. Not that I can't sympathize with her.

Huh, strange about the smiley. My only guess would be that the smileys with angle brackets don't convert when typed out...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090311 02:59 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I think the board has protections built in to recode the angle brackets so that they display properly instead of being rendered as HTML tags by the browser and screwing everything up. Those same protections probably interfere with the emoticons as well.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090311 04:40 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
That sounds like a plausible explanation.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090316 00:31 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
[Reveal] Spoiler: Episode 99
That was a pretty good episode. Looks like Akatsuki may be getting involved with this Bijuu after all. I kind of like Deidara (geijutsu wa bakuhatsu!), though he pales in comparison to Akasuna no Sasori, but I was totally expecting him not to survive the last battle he was in. So, since he's still alive, I'm hoping he has some kind of trick up his sleeve to make it worthwhile, else I'm likely to just get bored of his combustible claymaking crafstmanship. Spiral Face is just downright annoying. There's still plenty of time for him to redeem himself, but judging from his first short scene, he's my least favorite Akatsuki member so far.

My appreciation for Guren went up in this episode. She was pretty cool in action for once, contrary to the overconfidence she's displayed thus far. Yuukimaru can control Sanbi? Wow. And the Sanbi came through a portal from another dimension? Um, wow. So, how/why exactly is Hinata's Byakugan stronger now than before, when it couldn't pierce the smoke screen? I'm all for powering up Hinata, but I'm curious about the explanation behind it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090316 02:44 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
A lot of that sounds like filler. Another dimension, what? Guren, who?

Filler, I say.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090316 07:58 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I dunno what the deal with the dimension is, as it occurred right at the end of the episode, but Guren is one of Orochimaru's subordinates, and she uses the rare crystal-jutsu. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if she/this arc turned out to be partial or complete filler, though.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090316 12:37 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
zharth wrote:
I don't see any real, serious romances developing, except for possibly Naruto and Sakura. Of course Naruto likes Sakura, and though Sakura kinda hated Naruto at first, she seems to be developing feelings for him...slowly. In my experience with anime, though, it seems that all guys, no matter how perverted they may be, are completely clueless when it comes to girls expressing an interest in them.

When they reintroduced Hinata in Shippuuden, I was hoping that she had at least gotten over her tendency to faint in the presence of Naruto, but I guess not. Sure, it's cute, but it doesn't exactly help her situation much if she can't even talk to the guy. Not that I can't sympathize with her.

Huh, strange about the smiley. My only guess would be that the smileys with angle brackets don't convert when typed out...

I really hope your wrong on the romances developing part. I hope you're especially wrong about Naruto and Sakura. Worst part is, I see the very thing you're describing: Sakura seems to be developing feelings for him. The reason I hope you're wrong is that I would actually feel sad if Naruto never realizes that he needs to return the affection that Hinata has had for him for years. I mean, I think back to the few episodes where Naruto, Shino, Hinata, and perhaps one other person were on a special bug hunt in some specific place. The bug was a rare bug that came out once in a blue moon. The climactic battle was a showdown where Hinata showed off a defensive technique that she had been working on that slaughtered the umpteen numbers of bees that the opponents threw at them. Prior to that, she had been tied up in a cocoon and nearly went over a waterfall. Many of her thoughts during that time were on Naruto and how she didn't want to fail him; furthermore, she felt like she was always a liability. Yes, poor girl struggles from some self-esteem issues. :(

Little things like that that Naruto doesn't realize... Plus, Hinata's gorgeous. >.>

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090316 12:43 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
As for Spiral Face, I actually like the guy. He's welcome comic relief to me. However, that's not everything. I'm wondering if he's actually got some skills and the goofiness is just a front... Time will tell I suppose. He could be very dangerous. As for Deidara, I agree, I'm getting a bit bored with him. He's way too cocky for his abilities, which now that we've seen, I'm kind of like "meh".

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090317 00:09 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Spiral Face, as you call him... certainly has some skills.

After all, he's one of the Akatsuki. They all have skills.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090317 00:14 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
I think back to the few episodes where Naruto, Shino, Hinata, and perhaps one other person were on a special bug hunt in some specific place. The bug was a rare bug that came out once in a blue moon. The climactic battle was a showdown where Hinata showed off a defensive technique that she had been working on that slaughtered the umpteen numbers of bees that the opponents threw at them. Prior to that, she had been tied up in a cocoon and nearly went over a waterfall.

The scene where Hinata was practicing her new technique at night, in the pond by the waterfall (naked, and was almost found out by Naruto :o ), was my favorite scene from the first series. ^^

I don't think any of the other female characters in Naruto quite compare to Hinata. Though I did like the priestess in the first Shippuuden Movie. Still, I can relate to Hinata too much and those kind of characters never seem to get their due. :(

Scott wrote:
Spiral Face, as you call him... certainly has some skills.

After all, he's one of the Akatsuki. They all have skills.

That's exactly what I was about to say. Plus, Hidan was pretty annoying to me at first, but I eventually came to like him. Despite his stance on atheism. :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next