Login |  Register

Post subject: The School Swimsuit
PostPosted: 090508 12:37 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend

The "sukumizu" (from "sukuuru mizugi", or "school swimsuit") - popular in two *and* three dimensions, depending on the crowd - has a seemingly odd though not inscrutable appeal. I say "odd" because given a lineup of attractive females in various styles of swimwear, the drab one-piece sukumizu is bound to stand out only as being dull and unflattering compared to any number of cuter and sexier (and more revealing) fashions:

(Case in point. :lol: )

:!: That is, to the untrained eye, at least. ;)

I will admit, I found the sukumizu style rather unappealing at first. Many slice-of-life anime series make a gag out of the style - inevitably, during a beach or pool (or other swimming related activity) episode, at least one character will show up in their school swimsuit, having foregone what preparations each of the other characters have made - namely, to choose the most flattering swimsuit they could find (usually a bikini of some sort) - whether out of naivety and inexperience, or simple lack of interest in showing off. But underneath the joke (and, well, part of it, too) is the not-so-subtle hint that certain types of people (read: lolicons :sweatdrop: ) harbor an affection for that distinct style.

And here's why: it's related to the schoolgirl fetish. ^^

Coming from my background, having gone to schools that didn't require any sort of uniforms (whether for swim class or regular class), I at first didn't have the right context to appreciate the sukumizu. But having seen it a number of times in different anime series, I've been able to build up that context, to a certain extent, so that now I can understand the appeal. :nod:

It's not a whole lot different from the way that seifuku (sailor-style school uniforms) - or anything else that schoolgirls wear regularly, for that matter - are fetishized. Except that the sukumizu has the added bonus of being "swimwear", which is inherently more erotic than regular clothing, as it's typically tighter and skimpier. Add to that the (implied, if not experienced) nostalgia from having undergone puberty while peeking at your budding classmates in their tight, wet, school-issued swimming costumes ( :suggestive: ), and I think the nature of the appeal becomes clear.

Surely, who can forget checking out Ayanami's thighs from a distance? I certainly can't. In fact, one consequence of the one-piece swimsuit design, compared to the two-piece, is that, whereas the bikini reveals much of the torso, the sukumizu's lack of exposure in that area tends to draw one's attention to the legs instead. :nod:

Naturally - now that we've uncovered the main points behind the appeal of the sukumizu - it becomes apparent that there are certain types of girls who can pull off the look better than others. Of course, personal tastes may differ, but usually the perfect sukumizu maiden is one who radiates the innocence (and lack of development) of youth -

Hence, small, flat-chested characters (read: lolis) often fit the bill. A shy and modest personality may also sometimes enhance the effect - though, at the other end of the spectrum, a genki personality does tend to emphasize the "youth" factor.

And the result, my friends, is pure moe! :niceguy:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: The School Swimsuit
PostPosted: 090508 12:54 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Pure fantasy created by media, just like the sexual appeal of sailor suits. You just don't really see them around anymore.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090508 23:18 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Romantic as ever. :roll:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 00:17 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
To be perfectly frank, she doesn't particularly have the body for anything OTHER than a normal one-piece suit.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Looking for this one?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 04:21 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Well, the ole "skinsuit" is always an option. ;)

I may be a figure maniac, but I'm pretty ambivalent about that one. Sure, I'm not crazy about Nagato to begin with, but the colors are so drab - dull hair, faded swimsuit - and it could just be my imagination, but she looks slightly lumpy. :o

[Reveal] Spoiler: Similar pose - I think Rei pulls it off better :p

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 08:36 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Tits and ass...

YES WE CAN!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 11:04 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Your contribution to this thread is remarkable. Clearly, you are a vital member of this forum. :blank:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Tits & Ass

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 12:27 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
The first picture is just disturbing. One breast has a point and the other is perfectly globular?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 22:18 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Scott wrote:
The first picture is just disturbing. One breast has a point and the other is perfectly globular?

Congratulations on failing perspective 101 and the female anatomy 110, Panda.

Although the artist neglected to show any nipple protruding from the boob on the left (looking at it from our perspective), it could be hidden a bit from the fact that it's head-on (tougher to see something slightly pointed when you look at it directly over top the point). The other looks slightly pointed because we're seeing that boob from the side, which would delineate a nipple much more.

Class dismissed. :lol:

Last edited by Kashi on 090509 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 22:19 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
zharth wrote:
Your contribution to this thread is remarkable. Clearly, you are a vital member of this forum. :blank:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Tits & Ass

Hey now...

I'm not the one posting underage girls.

PS - You didn't get what I was getting at, probably because you're not terribly linked into RL. My "yes we can" comment was a shot at all the Obama sheeple. From how I saw it, during the campaign, you could pretty much pick anything involving any form of effort (no matter how easy or impossible) and merely follow it with a "YES WE CAN" to get the herd riled up.

Profile  Offline