Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: 090512 18:45 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Scott wrote:
I've been having some relaxing, seemingly dreamless sleep lately... except for the part where I keep waking up at 3, 4, and 6 am.

Damn, get rokd son. :?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090527 23:34 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Scenario #1: I was back at my elementary school, with all the people I went to elementary school with, except we were all grown up. For some reason, we had to attend some classes there. At first, we had to run a bunch of laps around the school - somebody speculated that it was because they needed time to set things up inside. I bumped into one or two people I haven't communicated with since those days (if then). Then we went into the classrooms, which were small and held like 8 students per room, to learn some stuff, which I don't remember.

Scenario #2: I was at home, doing some stuff I don't remember with a couple people I don't recall, when I looked out the window and saw a beautiful sunrise - the colors and clouds not unlike Scott's "Jesus Rays" picture which he had me look at again last night before I went to bed. I had been reading (before I went to bed) some comments on DPS about how to recognize a good photo opportunity, so in my dream, when I saw the sunrise, I grabbed my camera and ran outside to take some pictures, despite the fact that I wasn't properly attired for rushing outside. I took a bunch of pictures from various spots, but there was too much junk on the horizon (trees, houses, etc.), so none of them came out very well.

Scenario #3: I was at a familiar tennis court taking "action" shots of cute girls in short skirts, when my camera began to fail me. I wasn't sure what it was at first, but then I figured it was the battery dying. (Do you see a pattern of failure here? I must not have much confidence in my photography skills). I put the camera down, and then the tennis court transformed into a cafeteria, and a deluge of familiar faces from my college days poured in. Few of them noticed me.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090606 20:29 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I was feeling less than spectacular last night, so I went to bed early and managed to sleep a good 12 hours, which I haven't done in too long. One of my dreams involved making contact with a UFO. Doug and I were in the car, it was night, and for some reason we thought there would be a UFO flying by that night. So we stopped the car on the highway (probably not the best idea, in hindsight), and waited in the dark. There was somebody in a truck parked up on the hill, who scrambled down to us when he spotted us. It was somebody we knew (but nobody I recognize), and the fact that he was also out waiting for the UFO convinced us that it was really coming. And it did. The truck guy must have got its attention somehow, as it turned around and flew past us a few times. I started signalling it with the high beams each time it passed. Then, I turned on the car and headed up the highway a bit, following it. It turned around again, which is what I should have done, but you know what it's like on highways, particularly unfamiliar highways - the exits come at you too fast, and you have no idea how easy it is to get back on at this or that exit, and there's traffic behind you keeping you from taking the time to make a smart decision - anyway, I ended up going too far before finally turning around, and by then the UFO thing was over and done with.

I just had some vague recollections of an even cooler dream I had, but unfortunately, I can't remember enough of it to describe it. It involved a maze and a knife fight against a boss who turned out to be my dad, though.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090624 23:15 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
You know, it actually irritates me that I can't remember my dreams better. It's like going out on an adventure, and then getting back home at the end of the day with only a vague recollection of bits and pieces of what you did. It's very frustrating.

Anyhow, two scenes in particular from my dream last night stand out in my memory. In the first one, I was exploring a dark, haunted house. I was in a stairwell, and a dark figure was advancing up the stairs. I looked at it and saw that it was a skeleton, except that it was all black, its bones the color of charred ash. It was quite a frightening sight, but I knew it was only a phantom, that couldn't hurt me. So I shut my eyes to separate myself from the terrible image. I felt or sensed it continue advancing up the steps past where I was at that point sitting, cowering, telling myself not to look, not to look, just to let it pass. Of course, right when it was on top of me, I had to look. The sight freaked me out once again, and then, to top it all off, the skeleton crumbled, its bones piling on top of me, its skull dropping nonchalantly into my very hands, with the vacuous eye sockets peering into my soul.

Okay, I added the part about the eye sockets, but everything up to (and including) the skull falling into my hands was part of the dream.

The other scene I remember was me lying in bed (for some reason), still in the haunted house. I felt or sensed somebody else getting into the bed, which really freaked me out, whether it was human, monster, or what. I tried to move, but I felt all paralyzed, and I tried to call out - to make some bird noises or something, you know, to try to scare away the thing by tricking it into thinking I wasn't human, before it decided to do whatever it is it was planning on doing to me. Well, my voice wouldn't come out, even after trying a few times to scream at the top of my lungs. I would have said that this experience was another case of sleep paralysis, except that it was a considerable bit less intense, and seemed to happen within the dream, rather than outside of it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090628 22:11 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I met a girl in a dream last night. I fell in love with her at first sight. She was young, playful, and she acknowledged my existence - the sexiest thing a girl could do. But the blessed encounter was fleeting. I managed to unassumingly stall her by pelting her with snowballs. She slipped on the ice, and I caught her in my arms. A storybook moment, but we had just barely met. So I picked her up and let her go on her way, hoping I would have the good fortune to see her again someday.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090629 01:30 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
zharth wrote:
I managed to unassumingly stall her by pelting her with snowballs.

ROFL :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090629 02:47 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
ROFL :lol:

In case that sounded a little harsh, she did make a sarcastic comment about me (that I don't recall) which prompted the icy barrage.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090629 20:15 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Still, ouch lol. "Hey Zep, you suck!" *incoming hailstorm of nukes*

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090630 05:20 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Ice-nukes, maybe. And besides, the comment was more intelligent than "you suck". Give my imagination a little credit, here.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090707 00:46 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
I had a dream where I found a centipede bomb in my closet, which promptly exploded into a swarm of tiny /SPIDERS/... I knew (in my dream) that they would run away and hide, then turn into centipedes when I wasn't looking.

I've been seeing a lot of centipedes lately since it's summer.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next