Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: 090425 02:17 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
I have to admit, dreams involving sex are teh awesome.

Are you suggesting that you have something to share?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090426 21:29 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
zharth wrote:
I'm beginning to hope that this exercise will gradually improve my ability to remember my dreams on a more regular basis.

I am, unfortunately, already doubting this. There's a lot to last night's dream(s) that I don't remember (i.e., the parts that feel like the important parts). But, I do remember something, which is a start, I guess.

I was walking through a snowstorm with my mom, and we were discussing something while each carrying a rather large pizza. No boxes or anything, just the pizzas. Mine was pepperoni. We were taking them to dinner. I, inevitably, tripped and my pizza fell face flat onto the snowy ground, much to my bitter disappointment. We still took the pizza back and served it, but I couldn't bring myself to eat any (obviously). I likened the experience to not being able to eat at Thanksgiving dinner. :(

In another part of the dream, I was looking at an image of a beach, like as if I was sitting at my computer and I came across a photo on Flickr, except that it also felt like I was actually standing there, on a ledge high above the beach, looking down on it - and there were people walking across the beach (naked people, incidentally). The beach itself quite reminded me of a particular beach I remember in Guild Wars, and I questioned whether I should send Scott a link to the image to see if he agreed, but I didn't. I looked to one side of the beach and saw a thin rocky outcropping that was really high, and just looking at it made me feel dizzy.

And then in another part of the dream, I was Sasuke and I was explaining something to Orochimaru.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090430 20:21 
Forum Underling
Forum Underling
I wish I had dreams with teh secks. I once had a video game-ish dream where I fought through guards to rescue a princess (in a place that was identical to the Bucknell gymnasium), only to find that there was no princess. I guess she was in another gymnasium.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090501 22:13 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
I can only really remember two dreams I ever had that involved actual sex. I've had many more dreams involving love, though. And also more dreams in which I die... :|

This one was a few nights ago:

I was in a commercial airliner with Scott and Doug - it was Doug's first such flight. Doug was actually sleeping as we took off, but woke up with a start as soon as the plane lifted off the ground. It was a bumpy takeoff - I remarked that it was one of the bumpiest I had ever experienced (not that I have much experience), and Scott quickly agreed. The plane did some crazy maneuvers, like flying close to the ground, weaving through the trees and power lines, and flying in spirals, going upside down (all quite dangerous, if not downright impossible, in a plane of that size and weight). It was quite harrowing, and I got rather nervous, but nothing bad happened, and it was also kind of exciting.

Last night:

I was back in school, high school, with the feeling you get after a long holiday, when you have to get back into routine and remember what classes you have when and what your locker combination is, etc. I was in second period, and I had forgotten whether I had gym or study hall that day for third period, so I figured I'd better go to my locker in the hopes that I had an extra schedule in there for me to consult. Trouble was, I couldn't remember where my locker was. I looked in a few places where I vaguely recall having had a locker in my actual years at high school (since the dream high school was indeed the one I attended in real life), but I simply could not find my locker. After I woke up, I thought about it, and realized, with some humor, that the reason I couldn't remember where my locker was was because I hadn't been to that school in over seven years!

Also, at one point while I was searching for my locker, I came into a rather busy room, full of students, including a girl cosplaying Zabuza (I have no idea). I bumped into a certain person I was more or less chummy with back in high school (and haven't talked to since), but also, to my surprise, Scott was there sitting at a computer - the juxtaposition was quite odd.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090501 22:38 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
It's interesting that we keep showing up in each others' dreams... or that we tend to remember those dreams.

I wonder if we have other dreams that are less "human-centric" that we simply don't/can't remember because they're so alien.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 08:30 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Scott wrote:
It's interesting that we keep showing up in each others' dreams... or that we tend to remember those dreams.

I wonder if we have other dreams that are less "human-centric" that we simply don't/can't remember because they're so alien.

1) Or more like you guys are just homos that like seeing each other in dreams

2) Or, and I actually think this is plausible: Zep has dreams involving me and other people but just refuses to submit them to the forums. The reason? Perhaps he'd never want to give me or the other people the satisfaction that we were ever in one of his dreams. :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 09:52 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
Kashi wrote:
2) Or, and I actually think this is plausible: Zep has dreams involving me and other people but just refuses to submit them to the forums. The reason? Perhaps he'd never want to give me or the other people the satisfaction that we were ever in one of his dreams. :lol:

I won't dignify point 1 with response. But as for point 2, I agree that it's plausible.

Actually, I was going to try to prove you wrong, but I just remembered something that probably proves you right.

A number of days ago I had a dream that I considered posting, but ultimately refrained. It was another three part dream, and when I woke up, I could only remember two parts of it. Now I only remember one part. The first part. You and I and Monkee were, for some reason, playing WoW together (I have no idea why I'd be playing WoW, even in my dreams - but I guess it's kinda like when we played Guild Wars, briefly), and we were waiting for Scott, who was also playing, to accomplish something and get back to us (hints of Scott's broken internet perhaps?). And, being a dream, it's not like we were sitting at our computers, we were actually existing inside the game.

So we were patrolling this abandoned castle, and we got to one room, in which there was a ghost. A little boy or something, appearing as a semi-transparent phantom. I happened to have my camera on me, so I thought to myself, "this is a perfect opportunity to get a picture of a ghost!" Except when I looked at the ghost, I started wondering if it would get mad at me for taking a picture of it, so I chickened out...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 22:16 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Just like you chickened out at posting the dream, lol. :badgrin:

Interesting dream though... that was it?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090509 23:43 
Legendary Overfiend
Legendary Overfiend
That was it. At least what I can remember of it. The other parts to the dream (or other dreams, I can never quite figure out if they should be separated or not) were unrelated.

Last night I had some more interesting dreams.

So there's this girl I had a crush on back in elementary school, and our last names were pretty close, so we ended up in the same homeroom throughout junior and senior high school. In my dream, we were thrown together in a college dorm room type of situation; it was pretty crowded - eight people to a room, two people to a bed (yes, the room had four beds). Unfortunately, the dream didn't quite go where you're probably thinking. But anyway, being thrown together with this girl gave me a chance to actually converse with her, something I never did in rl, and it was pretty nice. At one point she had me trying all different kinds of cookies. I have no idea why. Oh, and her name's not Hayley, but for some reason, in the dream, I called her Homeroom Hayley...

In the next dream, I was on the sidelines watching some kind of sport activity (maybe basketball) - it was a gym class type atmosphere though, rather than an official game. I was sitting next to a kid that used to live next to me back in those elementary school days, that I haven't seen or talked to in years upon years. He was so into watching the game that he would move around so much that he'd be sitting in the middle of the playing area just to get a good view, and it bugged me, because for some reason, I had to be sitting next to him, even if he moved, so I got really pissed off that he wouldn't sit still...

In the final dream from last night that I remember, I was trying to steal some diamonds. Except that I was stealing them from Doug. And his room was like a jewelry store or something. I snuck in at night while he was sleeping, broke into the storage room, but the box of diamonds that was supposed to be there wasn't there. I heard Doug waking up, so I stayed real quiet, but he already knew I was there. He slammed the door to the jewelry story/his room shut and also the door to the storage room, trapping me in, and making a lot of noise in the process - which obviously scared me because the noise could alert the authorities. Turns out I had been double-crossed or something, and had walked right into a trap...

I can tell you that that last dream was clearly influenced by a movie I watched yesterday, The Candy Snatchers (a really good exploitation flick from the 70's), which involves a botched plan to procure stolen diamond jewelry. :nod:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: 090512 01:59 
Interactive Blogger
Interactive Blogger
Man, knowing Doug's room, I'm surprised you even found where the box was supposed to have been.

I've been having some relaxing, seemingly dreamless sleep lately... except for the part where I keep waking up at 3, 4, and 6 am.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next